Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CHUCK SMITH AND JOIE DE VIVRE: (Word Published)


Christianity and Pastor Chuck Smith and Calvary Chapel have all been an integral part of my life. Chuck Smith married me to Mr. Christian Man thinking it was a blessed event, he dedicated my only child to God when she was just an infant, which truly was a blessed event. I took Pastor Chuck's teaching to heart much as a young woman and mother. I joyously awoke my daughter every morning claiming God's beauty in her life and God's purpose for her.

Joie de vivre (French pronunciation: [ʒwa də vivʁ], joy of living) is a French phrase often used in English to express a cheerful enjoyment of life; an exultation of spirit. (Wikipedia). This profound Pastor had much joie de vivre, he exuded it.

I cherished Pastor Chuck's everyday common sense approach to life and his teaching of the Bible to what he considered 'his congregation'.

Here's my favorite Pastor Chuck Smith quote, it is his take on justice, mercy and grace. Note that he would usually deliver this quote with a wink of his eye.

“Justice is getting what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT getting what you deserve.
Grace is getting what you DON’T deserve.”
~ Chuck Smith, Pastor and Founder of Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa, California

I would walk out of the church service humbled in my request for God's mercy, grace and justice. But still I had a lift in my step, life was beautiful. Leaving church, life was beautiful. (*Wink)



-----------


Author's Postscript:
This is but one chapter of my book, my autobiography, my writing underway as you read. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area but am a lifetime Southern California chic.
If you're reading this and it affects you, please 'Like,' my page here.
Moreover, perhaps maybe send me a note here on Facebook or maybe in the "Write A Comment," section of a particular chapter.
Thoughts:
How did it affect you, does it resonate in your life? Which chapters? Each chapter?
How are you handling life situations?
Thank you. We are all a work in progress.
Feel free to 'Friend' me - send a friend request to Patricia Loya, so we can form a bond. I'm a 'normie' woman writing about my life. What's going on that resonates in your life?
 HugU.

#CHUCKSMITHCALVARYCHAPEL, #Familyandrelationships,  #joesdaughter

No comments :

Post a Comment